Thursday, March 16, 2006

Happy Almost St. Patty's Day!!!

Well, it's almost here! St. Patty's Day, the day I can wear bright green and not feel like I'm trying to stand out. I love green. It's actually a really good color for me. I'm not Irish, but I have been mistaken for Irish before. Back in the day when I used to bartend at a college bar in Philadelphia, I looked forward to the mobs and the funny drunk people, and the fights that would break out at the end of the night, right after last call. We had these huge bouncers. One of them we called Big "E" which was short for Eric (no pun intended). My ex used to call him "Grape Ape" cause he was so dark that he was almost purple. Only my ex could get away with calling Big "E" Grape Ape to his face. Eric would just laugh. Meanwhile, he was such a sweet teddy bear. He went on to become a social worker. Anyway, I digress. It's been so long since I actually wrote something. My brain is going much faster than my little fingers can type away on my laptop. St. Patty's Day is the day we can all go out and happily get SHITFACED!! I will need it after the week I had. My dog got fixed and he is miserable and has to wear a cone around his head and work SUCKS!!!
But tomorrow is Friday!!! St. Patty's Day!! I am going to follow the rainbow to the nearest pub after work and get my drink on!!

Try this one!




Your Irish Name Is...



Sorcha Gallagher


1 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Dang it! I knew we were related, my name is Chloe Gallager.

Bummer about your pooch, my dog got so pissed off at me when I had him fixed.

Loved the story about the bouncer. What fun, working in a bar. I almost did that once but...to be honest, wasn't good enough at it :(

Hope you have a great tale to tall about what you did this evening. I'll be waiting to hear!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home