Thursday, January 19, 2006

Odd Day Off

Yesterday I took an "odd day off", which is the British saying for taking a day off for no apparent reason. I was able to do so many things. I took a nap after lunch, and I cooked dinner, and I was relaxed and not rushed. I was rested and basically a nicer person because of it.

This got me thinking that I shouldn't be spending extra hours at the office. While the partners of the company I work for are telling me I should be working 60 hours a week... I'm thinking that 40 hours is too much! They are quite comical. On Tuesday we are having a meeting on how we can have better "candor" in the office. They are really struggling with management. Neither of them knows how to do it. They keep reading books and they keep trying new angles depending on what book they are reading. I think they should STOP reading!! Take away their library cards immediately!! They will take a good management book and twist it and turn it around into something evil. Now you see why I need to take the occasional "odd day off"!

So, I have decided that working for a living really sucks. I have yet to figure out how to make the money I am making and not have to actually do anything for it? Ah, to be a rich idle lay about would be my life's dream! Although, I think that would get old and tired as well. Well, maybe after a few years. Would be nice to take some time out.

Tomorrow I go to Killington with the Debs! Can't wait!! Nothing like skiing down a mountain to lift your spirits! Ah, then off to the lodge to sit by the fire and warm my toes whilst sipping hot cocoa. I feel better already!

2 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Well the odd day off sounds lovely and the skiing doubly so. Have fun and be safe. Don't break a leg or anythign! Be in touch won't you?
Cheers!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

If you figure out how to get by without working you could make millions selling your secret to everyone. Maybe that is the way to do it?

I think we (as in the USA) spend way too much time working and not enough time enjoying life. We should have a MINUMUM of three days off a week.

Hey - have a blast tomorrow!!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home