Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Eventfull

Mom's are supposed to nurture you. They're supposed to help you up when you fall, not kick you when you're down. I took the kids and the puppy to visit my mom on Sunday. We were there all of 30 minutes and I triped over the gate she put up in the kitchen. One of those "baby gates" so the puppy wouldn't wander throughout the house. Well, she just had it leaning up against the wall and my foot caught it and I went tumbling over and onto the floor and twisted my ankle pretty good. Her reaction was horrible. She yelled at me for "hopping" over the gate instead of moving it. "You NEVER hop over the gate, how many times have I told you that!!!", she said in a very mean tone. She kept repeating this over and over.

I laid there on the floor enraged. I couldn't help myself, I just got so angry. How could she yell at me for getting hurt? I mean, was this helping anything?

This escallated until I took the kids and the puppy and got into the car and went home. I felt awful. The kids were upset. My ankle was swelling up and my mother was making me out to be the bad guy. I got home and she called me to apologize. She said she was sorry that I got hurt and that I should put some ice on my ankle. I said I was sorry for what happened too.

Of course, I should know my mother by now. But for some strange reason this stuff really makes me nuts. She just knows the right buttons to push me over the edge. These episodes have happened less and less since I've been on my own, but when they do happen boy do they happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

I am soooooooooo sorry to hear the tale of your the visit to your mom's. Unfortunatley I can relate. Here is a hug from me for your falling down incident (((Blair))). I think the one thing we can learn from our moms is that they did the best they could but we, as moms, can do better with our kids.

9:19 PM  
Blogger BadGod said...

I would drive right the fuck back over there and punch her in the face! Fuckin' moms are worthless!

12:04 AM  
Blogger .- said...

she musta had a bad mommy teacher - don't learn anything from her

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home