Monday, November 07, 2005

A Novel Idea!

So, my co-worker Ellen came into my office this morning to say hello and left an article for me as she often does. She had circled a small add for National Novel Writing Month, "NaNo". Basically, it is a contest to write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days. At first, I was thinking I really don't have the time to do this. And the clock started ticking on November 1st which makes me a week late to the contest.
Oh, and I have no idea for a plot. So I pretty much thought well I have no business signing up for this contest, so I did! Hey, I love a challenge!

Tomorrow is Election Day. For some reason this seems to be where my mind has settled on an idea. The plot so far involves 2 candidates running for Governor. They are both very powerful. They are both corrupt. It also involves an Opinion Research Guy who has some ideas of his own.

That's all I have so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Oh, you have to do this!!! It would be good!!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I'm signed up for that NaNoWrMo thing too, but all I ever seem to do is post on peoples blogs about it.

I should log off and actually write something.

Ben O.

BTW - I like the idea for the story. Keep us posted.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home