Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life's Tough... Get A Helmet!

This is my new favorite line! It is a quote from an interview article I read in Vogue Magazine. Believe it or not, it was a quote from Jennifer Aniston. I can't believe that I am quoting Jennifer Aniston. Not that I don't idolize her. I loved the show Friends and I have seen a lot of her movies. I also read People magazine and US Weekly, but I only read it bi-weekly. They give me all the good gossip. This stuff is so addicting.

I remember when I was younger I started watching daytime soaps and I was like 5 years old. My grandmother was working and she relied on me to watch her soap (Days of Our Lives) and then she would call me to get a complete update on what happened. I would give her the play by play of the episode. No wonder my life has so much drama! When I got a little older, maybe 10, I loved General Hospital. I remember when Luke and Laura got married. Oh and the Casidines, they were going to freeze Port Charles. Now, that was good stuff. I also was very into All My Children and One Life To Live. The best is that they came one right after the other. That was three hours of my life 5 days a week that I was ensconced with drama. I was so ensconced that I would start to think about their problems at night. I would think to myself, "That Gabrielle, she is really going to get herself into trouble." I would actually worry about their problems. As if I didn't have enough of my own to worry about. I finally decided that I couldn't watch soaps anymore. I gave em up. I had a lot more free time. Not sure that I did anything productive with it, but I wasn't worrying about Erica and her daughter Bianca. What great soap names. Remember it was very fashionable to name your kid a soap name. All those Ericas and Biancas and Blakes running around. I wonder if they lived up to their soap?

I guess I started thinking about all this because it's been a rough couple of weeks. I was really feeling sorry for myself for a while there. I got into quite a funk. Maybe that's a good time to watch soaps. Start watching a soap your life starts to seem normal, simple even. But I won't get sucked back in!

Life's tough... get a helmet!

3 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Yes but you need the proper type of helmet. The right size and shape and everything. :-D
How are you NotBlair? I hope you're feeling better from your funk. Aruba rocked. Did you make vacation plans? Cheap airfare to st. Somewhere? Cheers!

11:56 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

BTW come visit for HNT!
It's 4/6/06.

11:46 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Darn it NotBlair, when are you going to give me your email so I can harrass you with my silliness?
I have to wait too long between visits!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home