Thursday, May 25, 2006

21 Days Left

Tomorrow is Friday and I couldn't be happier about that! Today was not so terrible. Both of my bosses are gone until Tuesday!! Woohoo! I realized today that I am not the only unhappy person in this company. I had quite a few people in my office today complaining. I found myself trying turn them around so they could be productive. I know how hard that can be, when you're so pissed off that you can't focus.

I met one of my clients' who is one of my closest friends for lunch today. His name is Jimm. No, I didn't make a typo. He is Jimm with two "m"s! Jimm has a major foot fetish. I know, kind of freaky but we all have our qwirks. He is always asking me if my toe nails are painted red, which is his preference. I typically don't wear open toe shoes when we go out because I know that is just a tease for him and then the conversation tends to be more about my toes than anything else and I can take only so much of that.

Anyway, today I forgot that we were meeting and had on a pair of lime green Charles David high heeled sandals. I was proud of Jimm. He didn't get too weird. He did tell me his philosophy on nail color and he mentioned that I am not a pale pink kind of person, that my personality is bright red or maybe Burgundy. Maybe they should have a blogthing quiz, "What color toe nail polish are you?"

We did have a great lunch. I shared with Jimm that I had set my date for departure and he told me he was proud of me. Besides, I couldn't think of a better time to quit my job! Summertime!!

2 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Well, well, well! You HAVEN'T been around in a while. I thought you were just mad because I spanked you for standing me up in NYC! :-)
All is forgiven, LOL. Congrats on your decision and all the great new stuff going on in your life. A suggestion tho: Take down these posts. It would be unfortunate if someone from work stumbled across them and notified your boss. Just some friendly advice. Best of luck and stay in touch.

9:30 AM  
Blogger blair said...

Hey Andy,
Thanks for looking out for me! Believe it or not, my blog is completely anonomys - so I don't think I have to worry about anyone finding out. Quite frankly, if they did find out it would make it all the easier for me. Although, I was so looking forward to the element of surprise!
Let me know when you're having your next art party!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home