Sunday, September 24, 2006

Movie Night

Tonight was movie night. I went out with two girlfriends and we saw The Last Kiss.
It was very good, but hauntingly real. It was hard to watch at times. I was proud of myself that I didn't cry, but I almost did a few times. I love movies that force you to examine your life, your relationships. Sometimes we just go through the motions and we are so wrapped up in the day to day that we don't stop, take a few steps back, take it all in and see the big picture. This movie was that kind of movie. One that made your eyes so wide, wider than you thought they could ever open. I felt for a moment, that could of been me. I could have been the one who was cheated on or I could have been the cheater. I felt that stabbing pain in my heart when I was betrayed and I have felt the guilt, panic, fear, and remorse for having an affair. But this movie did more than conjure up some empathetic personal experiences, it wasn't about me, it was about everyone. We are all so vulnerable. You think you know someone, you think you know yourself, and then you are tested. You make a choice and then you have to live with that choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home