Monday, June 12, 2006

Yes I did!

I did it! I quit my job! On Thursday, June 8th at 8:00am. I sent an email with the Subject: Resignation. It was short, to the point and reluctantly I even added some flattery at the end. I know, but I didn't want to burn the bridge. My boss (not the perv who sexually harassed me - the other one) sent me an email back stating that he was sad to see me go but that he understood and that he would like to meet up to discuss the details. I met him for lunch that same day and we had a good discussion. He started asking me all these questions about what is the one thing that I would change about the company, where did I see the company evolving next, who did I think the weakest link was??? After the third question I asked him, "Are you paying me for this lunch?" He laughed. He asked me to come back to the office and give a speech. I followed him back to the office and once I reached he gave me a temporary password to my old computer so that I could send out an email to everyone in the office letting them know that I was leaving and to meet in the conference room in 10 minutes. I went around and said my goodbyes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I JUST LET OUT A LOUD WHOOP FOR YOU, DID YOU HEAR IT FROM THERE? I stand in admiratoin and applaud you for doing going for it! Can't wait to hear all about the new adventure!!!

So are you GONE already????? WOW!

8:57 PM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Good for you NotBlair. Rock on!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home